Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Antiquing... again

I am incapable of passing by an antique store without stopping in. I think it has something to do with the fact that treasures lurk inside, and theoretically they are one-of-a-kind and I may never find another one like it! This is me, psycho-analyzing myself. Regardless, I have recently shopped at about 5 different antique stores, other than my usual, Hannah's, just taking pictures and getting ideas! I did find this fabulous old wine jug at one in Irondale and could not say no to the $42 price tag! Above is it in my dining room corner. Sorry for the Iphone photo quality...
I have revamped this pseudo-antique, the mirror, that I originally got from Laura back in Chapel Hill. A fresh coat of paint does wonders!
The frame was $5 and I did the bird print as a copy of one I saw at the same store, on 5th Ave. It still has some work to go before I actually hang it.
Copper chairs at Land of Was
Two side tables from Hannah's
How appropriate!
I am dying for some gothic arches like these, but I want one with a thicker wood frame. Anybody seen one??? I've looked everywhere, even all up in North Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
20 something year old anesthesia resident in Birmingham, recent transport from Chapel Hill.

work in progress...

Thankfully - we were able to rig the deck without major work done, and we added a beautiful doggie-door that Piper just loves running through!!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP