Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 9, 2010

It's Complicated

Finally watched "It's Complicated" with Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin last weekend with Jimmy.  We loved it - and I especially loved the house that Meryl's character lives in, in Santa Barbara.  It is a Spanish style ranch house.



Upon googling it, I found these fantastic photos from the movie from another great blogger, Hooked on Houses.  In fact, I found that it was quite a popular subject for many design bloggers!



I absolutely love the design decor - going back to the search for my own personal design aesthetic - I think that this home hits the mark!  Designed by Jon Hutman - who also did "Something's Got to Give" (remember that fantastic beach house?).



Lots of grays and neutrals, but it has a pop of black here and there (window frames) and best of all - it seems so lived in!



LOVE this table and its simplicity!  I need to learn how to do better tablescapes....  an art I haven't quite attempted yet!



I want this patio!



Aunt Anne would love this yard and garden to work with!  (Visit her at Simply Gardens here.)

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I confess that I covet the garden in this movie- the house,too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blogger might appeal to your "It's Complicated" aesthetic, but she doesn't refresh her content with enough regularity to suit me. I think she needs you to make a house call! http://www.11bonita.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow she has great style - but you weren't kidding - long-time-no-post!!
    I need to be better about my posts as well!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
20 something year old anesthesia resident in Birmingham, recent transport from Chapel Hill.

work in progress...

Thankfully - we were able to rig the deck without major work done, and we added a beautiful doggie-door that Piper just loves running through!!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP